“This is very good, and it isn´t lacking anything at all” is what my dear friend said after taking her first bite of this warm blueberry and pear pie I made this weekend. Satisfied friends and family. Mission accomplished!
I wanted to make something very special for my father this weekend. He had been begging for something new and sweet all week so I decided to use all of his favorite ingredients. Blueberries, pears and raisins. He eats soaked chia seeds ever day! In smoothies or puddings. Chia seeds are a great substitute for eggs in recipes such as pies and breads. Therefore, I decided to add them to this recipe too.
This recipe is vegan and very good to make for your friends and family that are not used to vegan foods or healthy desserts. To make this warm and crunchy blueberry and pear pie you will need:
2 medium pears
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 maple syrup
1/2 cup chia seeds soaked in water (2 tbsp of chia seeds and 1/2 cup of water)
1/2 cup blueberries, feel free to use frozen if you can´t find fresh at the store
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. Peel and slice your pears very thin and line them in your pie form.
3. In a food processor pulse the coconut flour, pecans, almonds, salt and baking powder. Don´t over-process if you want the pie crust crunchy.
4. Add maple syrup and chia seeds to the mixture and pulse until the dough is evenly mixed.
5. Use a rubber spatula to mix the blueberries and raisins to the dough.
6. Spread the dough with your fingers on the pears in your pie form.
7. Bake for about 25 minutes or until the ends are golden brown.
8. Enjoy with cold and fresh almond or hemp seed milk.
Enjoy and have a wonderful week!