Ingredients for brownie layer:
1 cup raw almonds, soaked
1 cup raw walnuts, soaked
1 ½ cup pitted honey or medjool dates
½ cup raw cacao powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp sea salt
1. In a food processor, grind the almonds and walnuts to a meal, being careful not to over process or the nuts will become oily.
2. Add the dates one at a time and pulse until the mixture is combined and crumbly.
3. Add the cacao powder, vanilla extract and sea salt and pulse to combine. The mixture should stick together when pressed between two fingers.
4. Press the brownie mixture into the bottom of a square 8×8 Spring form pan or any pan that you may have! Set aside as you make your frosting.
Ingredients for Vanilla Bean Filling:
1 cup raw cashews (soaked for min. of 2 hours)
1 cup almond milk
¼ cup + 2 Tbsp raw agave nectar
¾ cup raw cold pressed coconut oil, melted
4 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup lucuma powder **
2 Tbsp lecithin, ground to a powder
1. In a high-speed blender, combine the cashews, almond milk, agave,
and vanilla until smooth.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and blend again until completely creamy.
3. Pour vanilla filling over the brownie mixture, spreading it out evenly.
Set in freezer while you make the chocolate frosting.
Chocolate Coconut Mint Frosting:
Yield: 2 cup
1 ½ cup raw dark agave syrup or maple syrup
1 ½ cup raw cacao powder
⅔, cup raw cold pressed coconut oil, melted
¼ tsp plus a pinch salt
½ tsp pepper mint extract
¼ cup shredded coconut, unsweetened (save to dust the top of the brownies)
1. Place all of the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
2. Take the brownies out of the freezer. Make sure they have been in long enough for the vanilla filling to have hardened. This will give you a firm base to spread the chocolate frosting on. Spread the chocolate frosting over the vanilla filling. Now sprinkle the top with shredded coconut if you desire.
**Lucuma Powder has a delicious full-bodied maple like flavor and is an excellent source of carbohydrates, fiber, vitamins and minerals—including remarkable concentrations of beta-carotene, niacin and iron.